For nearly 50 years, the Root Center has provided medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for substance use disorders. MAT uses medications in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies to provide a “whole-patient” approach. The goal of MAT is sustained recovery and ability to live a more self-directed life. Medication Assisted Treatment has been shown to:
- Improve patient survival
- Increase retention in treatment
- Decrease illicit opiate and other drug use
- Decrease rates of infections (HIV, Hep C etc) and other morbidity related to substance use
- Decrease crime rate in communities
- Increase patients’ ability to gain and maintain employment
- Improve birth outcomes among women who have substance use disorders and are pregnant
- Increase ability to maintain positive, productive, and sustained family relationships
For many years, our MAT treatment for opiate addiction has been built around methadone with a proven record of success. Now, to better meet the ongoing needs of our clients, we are adding Suboxone®, Vivitrol® and other medications, to provide access to all available alternatives in the ever expanding addiction treatment environment.
“With our experience working on the forefront of combatting the substance abuse epidemic and expertise in Addiction Medicine, the medical staff of Root Center is enamored with offering all available treatment options to our patients,” said Root Center Medical Director, Leonard Lev, MD. “We recognize that individual circumstances, co-morbidities, or preferences should not limit access to treatment. Broadening MAT options eliminates barriers and empowers our patients to make their choices for achieving recovery.”
These treatments are available now in all of the Root Center clinics.
If you have questions on our expanded services, please email email@example.com or call 860-643-3200 ext.3001.