Compensation and Benefits
Offering More Than Just a Job
Root Center for Advanced Recovery is serious about our purpose of empowering courage in patients. But that kind of commitment to the cause means that we must hire and retain top talent, which is why the Root Center offers generous compensation for all employees and benefit packages for those who work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
We believe in caring for the whole individual, so our compensation package not only monetarily rewards performance but also helps to ensure health and wellness for our staff.
Our health and wellness benefit plans include the important insurance coverage you need to stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a productive work/life balance.
Our health insurance with ConnectiCare provides our employees with care and services in their network. Preventive services that are no cost to you include: physicals, flu shots, vaccinations, and more than 25 screenings like mammograms and colonoscopies.
Our dental program allows for services that are both in-network and out-of-network with access to one of the largest national networks of preferred providers. Although you are not required to use these providers, benefits are enhanced when selecting providers within the preferred network.
The Root Center’s 403(b) retirement plan is an exceptional means of long-term savings for your retirement.
- After six months of employment: 403(b) plan with an employer match, dollar for dollar up to 5% of your compensation
- After one year of employment, employer
contributes 5% non-matching funds
Root Center is part of the National Health Service Crops (NHSC) program which provides student loan repayment support to behavioral healthcare providers who practice in underserved areas. NHSC approved clinics at the Root Center include Norwich, Henderson-Johnson, Primary Care Unit (PCU), Willimantic, Torrington, New Britain, and Doctor’s Clinic.
- Great Work-Life Balance & Flexibility: Paid Time Off (PTO) accrues at 4 weeks annually, 12 paid holidays including Juneteenth, and all clinics are closed on Sundays.
- Bi-Weekly payroll with direct deposit options for multiple accounts
- Free on-site gym membership at our Manchester location
- Free annual flu shots
- Employee discounts at local gyms through Anthem, newborn baby resources, activity tracker discounts, and weight loss program discounts
- Casual Dress Down Fridays
Our Short-Term Disability insurance benefit pays 60% of your weekly salary to a maximum of $1,000 per week. Benefits begin to be paid one day after an accident and on the eighth day following an illness. Coverage can continue for up to 26 weeks.
Our Group Life Insurance policy provides up to two times your annual salary to a maximum of $360,000 worth of Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. This policy is fully funded by the Root Center.
Employees have the opportunity to purchase additional Life and AD&D options with Colonial Life Insurance for themselves, a spouse, and child(ren) with the convenience of payroll deductions.
- Telephonic consultation guidance 24/7
- Free and confidential counseling services
- Access to local counselors with free-of-charge sessions
- Financial planning assistance
- Retirement planning
- Child’s savings account planning
- Legal counsel: Free initial consultation
- Library of over 100 legal forms to utilize (ex. Power of Attorney, Bill of Sale)