If you find fulfillment by helping others reach their goals and you are interested in an internship, consider Hartford Dispensary.
We are now accepting internship applications for the Fall/Spring 2018-2019 internship year.
Hartford Dispensary offers many internship opportunities. Potential placements are listed below, but other programs may also accept interns. If you are interested in an internship at Hartford Dispensary, please submit your resume and cover letter to Ashley.email@example.com.
Tips for items to include in cover letter:
- Program and location that interests you. Please be aware that we do make every effort to match students to expressed interest, however this is not guaranteed due to program and organizational need.
- Indicate what college/university and year you are currently enrolled and the degree program you are pursuing
- Length of the internship and total hours needed.
Methadone Maintenance Treatment provides individual, family and group therapy including; for adults who struggle with substance abuse disorders.
Bristol, Hartford, Manchester, New Britain, New London, Norwich, Torrington, & Willimantic
Interns will have opportunities to perform at least one of the following: intakes, individual therapy, or group therapy. In-services will be provided besides individual supervision. During the course of the internship, students may also learn and develop the knowledge and skill set to conduct intakes and bio-psychosocial assessments using DSM 5/ ICD10 criteria.
What are we looking for?
- Caring individuals motivated to provide quality patient care
- Results-oriented attitude
- Exceptional Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
- Dependable and Committed
- Adaptable and enjoys a fast paced work atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Currently attending or have graduated from a Master’s program in a behavioral health field: Master of Social Work or Counseling field preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other computer skills.