Launch a Career Here
If you’re a student with an interest in helping others reach their goals of optimal behavioral health, we encourage you to apply for a Root Center for Advanced Recovery internship.
We are now accepting internship applications for the 2021 session.
Potential placements are included below, but other programs may also accept interns. If you are interested in an internship at Root Center, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@rootcenter.org.
Methadone Maintenance Treatment provides individual, family, and group therapy, including for adults who struggle with substance use disorders. More Info
Bristol, Hartford, Manchester, New Britain, New London, Norwich, Torrington, and Willimantic
Interns will have opportunities to perform at least one of the following: intakes, individual therapy, or group therapy. In-services will be provided besides individual supervision. During the course of the internship, students may also learn and develop the knowledge and skill set to conduct intakes and biopsychosocial assessments using DSM 5/ICD10 criteria
What are we looking for?
- Caring individuals motivated to provide quality patient care
- Results-oriented attitudes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Dependable and committed persons
- Those who are adaptable and enjoy a fast-paced work atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Currently attending or have graduated from a master’s program in a behavioral health field: Master of social work or counseling field preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other computer skills
Tips for items to include in your cover letter
- We want to hear about the program and location that interests you the most. Please be aware that we make every effort to match students with their top choices, but program and organizational needs may dictate otherwise.
- Please let us know the college or university that you attend, along with your current academic year, and the degree program you are pursuing.
- In your cover letter, please also include specifics around the length of the internship you’re seeking, and the total number of hours needed.