The job of Director of Facilities was established for the purpose/s of planning, organizing and directing the maintenance, repair and alteration of company owned/leased buildings and grounds; serving as the representative in planning and developing facilities and new construction; ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines; preparing and managing the annual budgets and ensuring optimal utilization of personnel and other resources. This job reports to Chief Financial Officer.
- Collaborates with others (e.g. clinic personnel, outside contractors.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Coordinates schedules and special event operations for the purpose of ensuring required facilities preparation. Develops long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budget, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that organization resources are effectively utilized.
- Directs projects (e.g. site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget.
- Inspects new & current construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within local/state/federal regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
- Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Recommends new hires, promotions, termination and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
- Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining agency services.
- Interviews and hires subcontractors as necessary.
- Maintains all regulatory compliance for current and future sites and researches necessary compliance.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience in overseeing facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.