Marketing Director, Full-time, Exempt, 35 hours/week, Excellent Benefits Package!
Working directly for our CEO, the Marketing Director will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. In addition, the Marketing Director will oversee the implementation of online marketing and advertising, community events, and other promotional functions of the organization.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and, all organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisitions and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organizations, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as organizations representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist sites in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising personnel,
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not for profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field desirable.
The Root Center for Advanced Recovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Are you passionate about growing the recognition and reach of a cause-driven nonprofit? Do you have experience building a multifaceted marketing strategy? If so, the Marketing Director position may be the next career step for you.