Revenue Cycle Analyst
This position serves as a primary resource for behavioral health professional fee billing. This is a unique role within the organization crossing both intra and inter departmental lines. The job requires assisting with the coding, charge entry, appeals and reimbursement follow-up, in addition to training staff on how to accurately document and bill for behavioral health professional fee claims. The incumbent must have a deep background in both the mechanics of behavioral health documentation, coding and billing, as well a broad understanding of associated regulatory and compliance issues.
• Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
• Work designated unpaid claims in a timely manner
• Identifies issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal/external issues
• Knowledge of ICD10 codes and CPT codes for professional fee billing.
• Cross-train charge entry staff on coding and documentation unique to behavioral health
• Collaborate with insurance companies to resolve behavioral health denied claims. issues
• Cross-train A/R reimbursement staff on working denied claims unique to behavioral health.
• Gather and exchange information with providers and other practice personnel
• Train staff on proper behavioral health coding and documentation.
• Maintain working knowledge of changes in related regulatory and compliance issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.; Master’s degree a plus.
• 3-5 years of medical billing experience with a concentration in behavioral health professional fee billing
• CPC (coding); demonstrated ICD10 proficiency; Experience with ICD-10 and behavioral health CPT codes
• Professional certification (i.e. AAPC) in behavioral health coding strongly preferred
• Experience with SAMMS a plus
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly. Uses tact and judgment while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Ability to document coding and abstract finding in the medical record.
As we continue to expand our services, Root Center is looking for an experienced Revenue Cycle Analyst to join the team! Excellent Benefits, apply today and learn more!