Careers at Root Center
Patients in the throes of a mental health or substance use disorder don’t recognize just how brave they can be. For thousands of patients each year, Root Center for Advanced Recovery’s team members are a guiding light, helping to strip away the shame and stigmas that inhibit progress.
When patients come to us at their worst, the first thing we do is remind them that we’re joining them on the hardest step. Regaining control takes courage, but it also requires help — and we are here for you.
Our team members are caring, intelligent people committed to supporting others. As an organization, we are committed to growing our people as they continue to develop and advance.
Training and Growth Opportunities
Offering More Than Just a Job
Root Center for Advanced Recovery is serious about our purpose of empowering courage in patients. But that kind of commitment to the cause means that we must hire and retain top talent, which is why the Root Center offers generous compensation for all employees and benefit packages for those who work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
We believe in caring for the whole individual, so our compensation package not only monetarily rewards performance but also helps to ensure health and wellness for our staff.
Our health and wellness benefit plans include the important insurance coverage you need to stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a productive work/life balance.
Our health insurance with ConnectiCare provides our employees with care and services in their network. Preventive services that are no cost to you include: physicals, flu shots, vaccinations, and more than 25 screenings like mammograms and colonoscopies.
Our dental program allows for services that are both in-network and out-of-network with access to one of the largest national networks of preferred providers. Although you are not required to use these providers, benefits are enhanced when selecting providers within the preferred network.
Our voluntary vision program allows you to safeguard your health while saving you money. Visit any in-network doctor in one of the nation’s largest vision networks across the state with this full-feature plan.
The Root Center’s 403(b) retirement plan is an exceptional means of long-term savings for your retirement.
- After six months of employment: 403(b) plan with an employer match, dollar for dollar up to 5% of your compensation
- After one year of employment, employer
contributes 5% non-matching funds
Root Center is part of the National Health Service Crops (NHSC) program which provides student loan repayment support to behavioral healthcare providers who practice in underserved areas. NHSC approved clinics at the Root Center include Norwich, Henderson-Johnson, Primary Care Unit (PCU), Willimantic, Torrington, New Britain, New London, Middletown, and Doctor’s Clinic.
- Great Work-Life Balance & Flexibility: Paid Time Off (PTO) accrues at 4 weeks annually, 12 paid holidays including Juneteenth, and all clinics are closed on Sundays.
- Bi-Weekly payroll with direct deposit options for multiple accounts
- Free on-site gym membership at our Manchester location
- Free annual flu shots
- Employee discounts at local gyms through Anthem, newborn baby resources, activity tracker discounts, and weight loss program discounts
- Casual Dress Down Fridays
Our Short-Term Disability insurance benefit pays 60% of your weekly salary to a maximum of $1,000 per week. Benefits begin to be paid one day after an accident and on the eighth day following an illness. Coverage can continue for up to 26 weeks.
Our Group Life Insurance policy provides up to two times your annual salary to a maximum of $360,000 worth of Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. This policy is fully funded by the Root Center.
Employees have the opportunity to purchase additional Life and AD&D options with Colonial Life Insurance for themselves, a spouse, and child(ren) with the convenience of payroll deductions.
Anthem Resource Advisor & EAP
- Telephonic consultation guidance 24/7
- Free and confidential counseling services
- Access to local counselors with free-of-charge sessions
- Financial planning assistance
- Retirement planning
- Child’s savings account planning
- Legal counsel: Free initial consultation
- Library of over 100 legal forms to utilize (ex. Power of Attorney, Bill of Sale)
Launch a Career Here
If you’re a student with an interest in helping others reach their goals of optimal behavioral health, we encourage you to apply for a Root Center for Advanced Recovery internship.
We are now accepting internship applications for the 2022 session.
Potential placements are included below, but other programs may also accept interns. If you are interested in an internship at Root Center, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@rootcenter.org.
Bristol, Hartford, Manchester, New Britain, New London, Norwich, Torrington, and Willimantic
Interns will have opportunities to perform at least one of the following: intakes, individual therapy, or group therapy. In-services will be provided besides individual supervision. During the course of the internship, students may also learn and develop the knowledge and skill set to conduct intakes and biopsychosocial assessments using DSM 5/ICD10 criteria.
- Caring individuals motivated to provide quality patient care
- Results-oriented attitudes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Dependable and committed persons
- Those who are adaptable and enjoy a fast-paced work atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Currently attending or have graduated from a master’s program in a behavioral health field: Master of social work or counseling field preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other computer skills
- We want to hear about the program and location that interests you the most. Please be aware that we make every effort to match students with their top choices, but program and organizational needs may dictate otherwise.
- Please let us know the college or university that you attend, along with your current academic year, and the degree program you are pursuing.
- In your cover letter, please also include specifics around the length of the internship you’re seeking, and the total number of hours needed.
Join Our Team
With centers across Connecticut, Root Center for Advanced Recovery has an immediate need for teammates who believe in our mission of empowering others through compassionate care. If you’re interested in joining our team, you can view our current openings below.